Thursday, October 18, 2007

Mars Attacks! and Dinosaurs Attack!


When I was a wee lad in the 80's, I thought that Garbage Pail Kids were the coolest thing on the block, since they were goofy, dark, and edgy... Little did I know the depths collectable cards could reach.


Zelda's Mars Attacks Home Page


In 1962 These cards were debuted by “Bubbles, Inc”, a division of Topps. Most people will recognize the Mars Attacks moniker from the Tim Burton movie of the same name. I loved the movie, and didn't realize until some wikipedia rabbit-holing turned up the card series.


Mars01



Bob Heffner's Dinosaurs Attack!

Later, in 1988, Topps gave the extreme card series another try with time traveling dinosaurs... These were released after the above-mentioned Garbage Pail Kids released in the US, but were a wee bit more edgy.


Sf05Df11


My parents thought to “protect” me from such gory, violent, or otherwise questionable (these cards, most comics, GI Joe)... And look how I ended up. Bear this in mind before blindly restricting your kids from things.


Brought to you by Ecto on a Mac.


Technorati Tags:

No comments: